Quality Compliance Leader
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Compliance Leader within our Quality department at our Telford site. This role will report in to the Laboratory Manager and may see you deputising for them and working with Production Management in resolution of ongoing Quality issues/ investigation studies in factory/ product to achieve Root cause. The successful applicant will also be working as part of the Laboratory team, responsible for ensuring that products meet the correct specifications and are of the highest standards, prior to dispatch to our customers.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
- Adhere to all legal and company standards and procedures with reference to health and safety at work.
- Reports to the Shift Manager and follows procedure where there is a breakage of glass and/or risk of foreign body contamination in product.
- Reports and records any hazards, accidents, potential accidents in the Production areas and Laboratories.
- Uses relevant PPE according to the task and associated risk assessment, reporting any shortage of PPE to the Shift Manager/ Laboratory Manager.
- Deputises for the Laboratory Manager.
- Helps and assists Laboratory Manager in the day to day running of the laboratorie
- Ensures continued development of Specialists and Shift QC Technicians.
- Complete 1-2-1's and out PDP's to ensure we have a high performing and engaged team.
- Mentoring, coaching and developing team members.
- Organise routine activity and scheduled work in both the Chemistry and Microbiology Laboratories.
- Assist internal audits according to the audit schedule.
- Carry out testing of ingredients and finished products
- Collection and preparation of samples for external analysis, ensuring the schedule is adhered to.
- Ensuring all ‘out of specification’ results are actioned and escalated in a timely manner.
- Conduct environmental monitoring within the Laboratory and Production areas.
- Maintains appropriate legal, company, and third party records/ documentation.
- Assist in calibration and verification of Laboratory Instruments, according to the internal schedule.
- Lead daily taste panel, ensuring any OOS's are investigated accordingly.
- Assessing data/results from both Laboratory testing and GMP audits to highlight any trends/ improvements.
- Coaching QC Technicians to help understand and drive GMP.
- Coaching Operations to help understand GMP and importance of sample collection
- Root Cause Analysis of Quality failures and corrective action planning.
- Conduct investigations to identify corrective actions for any non-conforming product.
- Makes recommendations for improvements in both GLP and GMP.
- Support Lab Manager in effective budget management, supporting the Quality Manager.
Key skills & experience:
- Previous experience in Dairy or other Food Manufacturing.
- Previous experience in internal auditing
- Hold a scientific qualification or proven industry experience of a minimum of 2 years
- Understanding of root cause analysis, and ideally previous experience of leading a small team.
- A keen eye for detail and ability to work on own initiative.
- Good communication skills; written and verbal.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team in a busy environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Pro-active approach to continued professional development of self and of team.
- Ability to make informed decisions.
- Flexible approach to support the business needs.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk