Continuous Improvement Engineer - Days - FMCG Packaging Equipment - Blue Chip Multinational
We have an exciting opportunity for a high calibre Continuous Improvement Engineer to join a large FMCG manufacturing facility in the North West - part of a much larger International Group - a forward thinking and innovative market leader. The role is to provide technical leadership as the system and product specialist. To drive continuous improvements to the Factory by optimising Packaging System performance and product quality, while driving strategic productivity and capacity solutions.
- The Continuous Improvement Engineer provides technical expertise on all factory packaging equipment to optimise line performance in terms of packaging.
- Develop and deliver technical training in packing systems, machinery, quality and changeovers, serve as technical coach and mentor.
- Ensure that new packaging trials and start-ups are supported and conducted effectively.
- Improve system reliability (in conjunction with Engineering) and product quality (in conjunction with QA).
- Provide support to projects or maintenance for capital improvements
- This role is an additional head to the existing team of 2 which reports into the Site Operations Manager.
- No direct reports, however this role would lead, influence and coach indirectly – must be able to operate at all levels in the Factory.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering successful CI Projects.
- Graduate calibre with a HNC/HND in engineering.
- Proven experience in a high-volume fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience of high speed packing machines.
- Knowledge of raw and packaging materials.
- Understanding of Safety, Engineering, Quality and Labour regulations.
- TPM or Lean Manufacturing experience is desirable.
- High level of problem solving knowledge and experience of statistical analysis.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to lead indirectly and operate at all levels in the Factory.
- Key site, part of a large FMCG manufacturing company, committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Part of a market leading group.
- Excellent prospects for career advancement and development, both in this role and across the group.
- This role offers an excellent basic salary of up to £50,000 plus bonus, stakeholder pension scheme and private healthcare.
- Further career prospects within the group are excellent.
How to apply
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact Andrew Jagger, Associate Director Food & FMCG Division quoting job reference AJ 3525.
All CVs will be acknowledged