Site General Manager
Our client, is an award-winning food manufacturer with a fantastic reputation for innovation, ambition and product excellence. They have seen outstanding growth over many years and are now market leaders in their categories. Due to internal promotion, they are looking to recruit a Site General Manager to lead all operational activity across their business. Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is a key member of the leadership team, responsible for short term performance, medium term objective setting and long term strategic direction.
The Site General Manager will report to the MD.
The responsibilities and accountabilities are broad:
- Responsible for creating a clear and compelling vision for the Operations function.
- Strong leadership delivered from a position of direction setting and line management.
- Financial responsibility and budgetary management for the operations function including the management of engineering capital cases and the CAPEX programme.
- Utilising lean manufacturing and CI tools and techniques to create a culture of improvement founded on good manufacturing practice.
- Actively championing a progressive and compliant Health and Safety culture ensuring that all policies are adopted and engrained in day-to-day activities.
- Reviewing the organisation structure to actively identify better ways of working whilst driving a culture of high performance and engagement.
- Supporting the board on strategic initiatives and actively engaging with customers to understand the future commercial direction and aligning the operational function to this.
The business has a strong culture of collaboration, engagement and ambition. The Site General Manager will need to model these behaviours and demonstrate an ability to engage and communicate with all levels of the business. Intellectual acumen is a must, the ability to build strategic plans to support business growth is intrinsic to the role. The individual will be expected to contribute to business activities beyond just the functional remit and a strong commercial insight will be required.
The successful individual will have a strong background in FMCG operational management, from a complex, asset orientated environment. Demonstrable evidence of the ability to deliver change in a customer centred, cost sensitive environment is essential.