Shift Manager - Bakery
JOB TITLE: Shift Production Manager
SALARY: Starting from £41,500 (Inclusive of shift premium)
BENEFITS: Excellent Benefits
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Readibake & Kates Cakes. We are the UK's leading supplier of Sweet Bakery Retailer branded products in the in-store bakery sector for Cookies, Doughnuts & Mini Bites.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The CSM UK head office is in the Wirral with other production facilities throughout the UK. The total annual turnover for the UK business is in excess of £200 million.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Shift Manager will ensure the effective management of daily/weekly productivity, quality, H&S, food safety, costs, GMP with hygiene, downtime management, waste and people and will strategically maximise efficiency & drive change through Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing.
Reporting into the Manufacturing Manager, the main accountabilities include:-
- Continuously improving safety standards throughout the department
- Setting audit ready hygiene and GMP standards on all production lines
- Involvement in NPD projects which affect your department
- Carrying out root cause analysis and solving production related issues
- Delivering daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s on waste, yield, CCP’s, accidents, changeovers, RFT, Food Safety, efficiency, cost control & cleaning standards.
- Proactively identifying and implementing improvements to drive efficiency in these areas in a timely and accurate manner
- Deciding the levels of flex labor required
- Leading the daily review meeting and following up any actions
- Coaching and developing Section Leaders to develop a proactive approach to problem solving
- Managing the performance and behavior of all team members in line with current procedures (conducting conduct investigations, disciplinary hearings (up to final written warning), grievances, appraisals etc).
- Assuming the role of Senior Manager on site outside normal hours in event of emergency eg. Food safety incident etc.
- Driving the Company culture – leading through demonstrating behavior in line with Company culture
- Leading Continuous Improvement with the support of the Manufacturing Engineer based around productivity improvements using tools such as Success Sheets, Speedy Kaizens and 5 Why analysis
- Leading departmental training – creating training plans to ensure adequate skills available across department
- Leading department training meeting through the use of skills matrices and developing a rolling training plan
- Recruiting, training and developing all staff as required
- A strong technical background or comprehensive management experience within an FMCG company are essential for this role as is significant line management experience.
- Candidates must have experience of coaching and mentoring teams and delivering results through people.
- Ideally, you will also have an NVQ Level 4 or equivalent in Supervisory Management.
- This role will involve shift work
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity in a global leading organisation in the food industry
- GPP Pension scheme
- On-going training
- Private Healthcare
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On site car park
- Subsidised Canteen
For further information please check out our careers page