Shift Section Leader - x 2
5 days left
- Contract Type
JOB TITLE: Shift Section Leader – Food Production
SALARY: Starting from £32,936 (Inclusive of Shift Premium)
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Brill, Meister Marken, Westco, Multifoods and Waldkorn.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The Section Leader will organise & manage the resources on an hourly/daily basis within the production area, ensuring the safe production of quality product whilst challenging and maximising profitability through continuous improvement
Reporting into the Shift Manager, the main accountabilities include:-
- Communicating and implementing Company policies (H&S, Housekeeping etc.)
- Maximising efficiencies through agreed staffing levels
- Liaising with engineering to ensure plant is operating to optimal standard and ensuring action is taken as appropriate
- Accountability for KPI’s on an hourly/daily basis – using and promoting CI techniques to deliver agreed KPI’s
- Managing the performance and behaviour of all team members in line with current procedures.
- Conducting return to work interviews, grievance hearings and disciplinary hearings
- Conducting investigations in a timely manner (H&S, food safety, conduct issues)
- Labour management – recording of holidays etc.
- Controlling breaks to maximise throughput & hygiene.
- Ensuring plant, labour and materials are available to meet the daily production plan
- Accurately recording hourly waste, efficiency and yield by line and actioning any non- conformances
- Ensuring accurate recording of all downtime on OPE sheet and where required generate five why analysis and ensure appropriate action is taken
- Attending the daily production meeting to present a summary of the last 24 hours production
- Training, coaching and developing all staff as required in conjunction with Shift Managers
- Completing a formal, daily shift report and handover
A strong technical background or comprehensive management experience within an FMCG company are essential for this role and previous line management experience is desirable. Ideally, you will also have an NVQ Level 3 in Supervisory Management.
For further information please check out our careers page
Apply for Shift Section Leader - x 2
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly