Packaging Technical Manager
Packaging Technical Manager, Bridgwater, Somerset, Food Manufacturing
As Technical Manager - Packaging, reporting to the Head of Technical and managing a small team within our Technical Department you are responsible for managing and developing packaging solutions to support business profitability, flexibility and wider business objectives.
You will primarily focus on achieving the following:
- Manage the effective performance of the Packaging team to provide support for the manufacturing and commercial departments and support and guide team development;
- Lead the company packaging strategy to ensure the highest quality standards, customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness;
- Lead the company value engineering programme to reduce packaging cost;
- Delivering all engineering packaging projects on time and within budget;
- Support the Project Engineering team in engineering projects delivery by making packaging recommendations that are fit for purpose;
- Managing all quality aspects relating to our packaging suppliers and own and drive successful problem resolution;
- Managing all packaging related aspects of new product launches;
- Manage CAPEX budget assigned to packaging / new projects
- Identifying, trialling, training and implementing production line performance improvement and also value engineering projects related to packaging.
- Ensure realisation of all packaging / new packs and value engineering activities are in line with local regulations and HSE standards.
- Focus on package waste reduction and value engineering activities to support environment and sustainability.
- You will ideally have relevant food industry or food packaging related qualifications plus significant experience in the field of packaging technology and engineering ideally within food manufacturing, FMCG or Pharmaceutical industry sectors.
- You will have experience of managing and developing a team plus experience of budget management in particular project budgets.
- Of course we are seeking someone with leadership ability and potential, self motivated, pro-active and able to drive forward with solutions to implementation. You will have excellent organisational skills and you are a natural networker and communicator.
- You will be ambitious for your career and wanting to learn. We now have 59 sites across 12 countries including 6 sites in the UK so this could mean opportunities for career mobility if you're open to moving in the future.
Salary & Benefits: £45,000-£50,000 plus excellent benefits and company pension.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Please Note: Once you apply you will be redirected to the careers site, please follow this link for your application to be accepted.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: Technical, Quality, QA, QC, Packaging, Design, NPD, Product Development, Supervisor, Engineer, Leader, South West, Taunton, Weston Super Mare, Exeter, Tiverton, Bristol, Food, Drink, FMCG, Manufacturer