Eden Scott’s client is a leading food manufacturer who supply products to retail and food service customers within the UK, Europe, Australia and Canada.
Reporting to the Company Directors, we are recruiting for a Technical Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that all products manufactured by the company meet the safety, quality and legal requirements.
- Monitor and maintain the company and customer’s quality assurance systems, food safety audits and HACCP
- Advise on food safety, hygiene, factory fabrication and food handling practices to ensure that the products are being produced in a food safe environment.
- Ensure compliance to customer’s policies and standards and to BRC Global Standard for food safety.
- Provide information and expertise to external customers on food safety and Quality related matters
- Comply with customer standards and policies
- Liaise with customer/ third part auditors
- Complete internal auditors
- Ensure maintenance of customer and raw material specifications
- Liaise with production and commercial teams to ensure that products meet current legislation standards and that they are produced under methods of GMP
- Oversee launch of new products and artwork approval system
- Conduct supplier audits as required
- Set team KPI’s
- Knowledge of HACCP, BRC and retail audit requirements
- Knowledge of food legislation standards
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and regulations
- Advanced Food Hygiene
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent decision making, problem-solving skills, interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player
- Self-motivated and a strong commitment to personal development
To discuss this exciting opportunity further, please contact Rosina Geraghty on 0131 550 1137 or email a CV to Rosina.Geraghty@edenscott.com
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.