Production Manager – FMCG Manufacturing
We have an exciting opportunity for a high calibre Production Manager to join a large FMCG manufacturing facility in the South West - part of a much larger International Group - a forward thinking and innovative market leader. We are looking for a people focussed and inspirational leader to take responsibility for planning, organising and controlling production, ensuring goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and according to quality, safety, health and environment standards and specifications. You will drive continuous improvement through TPM and empower and motivate people to develop their capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with Company's quality, labour, hygiene, safety, health and environment policies and guidelines and with local Law and Company regulations.
- Maintain a safe working environment and provide continuous coaching support to team members.
- Ensure that products are consistently manufactured meeting prescribed standards in cost and quality.
- Responsible for developing department budgets and cost performance metrics and meeting the budget and cost goals.
- Plan production schedules so that production quotas are met in line with financial and time constraints.
- Using different continuous improvement tools and methodologies, develop plans to enhance the performance manufacturing in terms of safety, cost, quality, hygiene, productivity, etc.
- Work with Engineering to ensure equipment is in proper working order ensuring appropriate calibration.
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing work and to formally assess team performance against objectives.
- Ensure ongoing smooth operation of the lines through effective employee and industrial relations.
- Build a strong team spirit and role model behaviours.
- Develop team by providing coaching, support, direction and documented performance appraisals also ensuring sound career and succession plans.
This is a demanding and challenging role, but if you’re looking for somewhere where you can contribute to tangible, sustainable results, then this could be the place for you.
- You will be an inspirational and engaging leader of people committed to coaching, mentoring, developing, supporting and leading your team to deliver results and to drive performance improvements.
- Degree qualified in a technical discipline.
- Proven experience of Production Management within a complex Manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of safety, engineering, quality and labour regulations.
- Able to provide guidance and direction to team members, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Ability to handle complaints, dispute resolution and resolving grievances and conflicts, good negotiations skills.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced production environment with a high energy and proactive style.
- Demonstrable experience of using modern CI methodologies to drive improvements and deliver results.
This role offers an excellent basic salary, car or car allowance, bonus and pension scheme plus private healthcare. A relocation package is available for candidates who are attracted to the role and geographically mobile. Further career prospects within the group are excellent.
How to apply
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button.