Maintenance Planner - Scheduler – Engineering – FMCG Manufacturing
We have an exciting opportunity for a high calibre Maintenance Planner to join a large FMCG manufacturing facility in the North West - part of a much larger International Group - a forward thinking and innovative market leader. The main focus of the role is to effectively plan and schedule the plant maintenance program and provide support to the maintenance teams in order that maintenance targets and objectives are achieved and maintained.
Corrective Maintenance: Where appropriate, The Maintenance Planner will:
- Visit the job, discuss with relevant Personnel; Managers/Operators/ Craftsmen.
- Check stores materials, reserve or purchase materials as required.
- Establish labour resources - internal/contracted.
- Raise and issue a detailed work order.
- Progress and follow up the corrective work documentation to its completion as agreed with Maintenance Engineers.
Planned Maintenance: Where appropriate, The Maintenance Planner will:
- Manage the process from confirmation of availability of maintenance window through to execution of work order.
- Monitor, maintain, develop, provide training and audit the CMMS in order that the systems can be utilised to its maximum potential and that it is an effective management information system producing the required KPI reports.
- Maintain and update maintenance documents library in conjunction with relevant personnel.
- Maintain central records of statutory insurance work and all service reports.
- Review and renew annual maintenance service/contracts with maintenance and services engineers in order that planned and scheduled work is undertaken.
- Preferably a time-served apprentice with proven experience in a food-manufacturing environment, or in a planning/scheduling role.
- Ideally the individual would have experience of maintenance (M&R background).
- Planning and organisational skill are essential, genuine aptitude for computerised systems.
- Ability to problem-solve, analyse, plan and organise work with minimal direction, either within a team or individually.
- Flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude towards change.
- Good influencing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Key site, part of a Global FMCG manufacturing company, committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Excellent prospects for career advancement and development, both in this role and across the group.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button.