Mechanical Design Engineer
Working as part of the Process Technology Systems team, the Mechanical Design Engineer is primarily responsible for providing mechanical design resource in the development of existing, or new processes in a multi-site worldwide environment.
World Leading Manufacturing Business
The Mechanical Design Engineer will work with the Process Technology Systems team and local engineering groups to investigate possible improvements to existing processes or new developments in process technology available.
Main responsibilities include:
- Produce design specifications, drawings and calculations necessary to ensure mechanical equipment and services are procured and installed to the required standard.
- Produce feasibility studies for the mechanical element of new process plant installations in existing or Greenfield environments.
- Assess vendor proposals and quotations for equipment.
- Produce budget estimates for capital investment proposals.
- Produce detailed mechanical design calculations, drawings and or specifications for pressure vessels and piping.
You should also possess the following skills and experience:
- Educated to HND level ideally within Mechanical Engineering
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Inventor
- Knowledge of pressure vessel design, pipe stress analysis and structural steel-work design would be beneficial
- Experience in an oil processing environment an advantage
- Good problem solving and team working skills
- There will be travel involved to other sites so candidate must be flexible and willing to travel.