Site Engineering Manager
Speedibake is a division of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £13.4 billion and 130,000 employees in 47 countries.
Speedibake has bakery sites in Wakefield and Bradford specialising in own-label baked goods, we supply to a customer base across all channels; foodservice wholesalers, contract catering, end users, export and retail.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Site Engineering Manager to join the team at our Bradford bakery.
Reporting to Group Engineering Manager , the successful candidates will lead and deliver the management of all day to day engineering and service activities at site to ensure the manufacturing operation consistently meets and exceeds operational performance targets. To support the Group Engineering Manager in the delivery and ongoing progression of the Asset Care plan.
- To work within all necessary EH&S legislation (e.g. LOLER, PUWER, PAT testing, EOW, COSHH, PTW etc.) and to proactively contribute to raising the standards across Speedibake. Additionally, be fully conversant with company safe systems of work, operating within agreed safe working practices in line with statutory and company requirements
- To manage external contractors issuing work permits where appropriate and ensure contractor control is fully enforced.
- To comply with good manufacturing practices and the Food Safety Act 1990.
- Electrical and RPA duty holder for the site.
- To manage and review the departmental RA & SSOW system.
- To ensure that all breakdown counter measures that may occur, are aligned to the ‘100 year fix’ approach.
- To commit to improving on their basic skills, in order to achieve the flexibility required to support all best practice maintenance on site
- Identify and implement opportunities for efficiency and process improvements.
- People responsibility for direct reports ensuring training requirements, skills development, RTWI, absence and holiday cover and disciplinary issues are conducted.
- To carry out regular performance reviews as part of the FTG process and conduct regular one to one’s providing regular feedback on individuals performance. Holding individuals accountable for delivery of departmental & individual objectives, recognising good performance & managing underperformance with improvement plans.
- Implement and maintain a set of departmental KPI’s to allow performance management of all team members.
- Work closely with the Group Engineering Manager to drive the Asset care Strategy and deliver a step change in preventative maintenance and plant reliability.
- A totally flexible approach, to be available to cover any shift as part of current or any future rotational cover system. This includes weekend work, cover for shortages on shift etc. To stand in for Site Engineering Manager as and when required.
- Ensure the maintenance craftsmen are utilised as effectively as possible by the setting and subsequent monitoring of challenging workloads
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company values
- Takes ownership, sets standards & takes personal responsibility for performance.
- To always adhere to the Company Safety First requirements.
Skills / Experience:
- Previous experience of working within a FMCG production environment (desirable but not essential).
- Managing a team (essential).
- Time served engineering apprenticeship.
- Experience in H&S legislation best practice within engineering.
- Supervisory management experience in H&S.
- Min 5 years experience in an engineering management environment
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer and seek to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, and with respect and dignity throughout the recruitment process.