Product Development Technologist
Our client is a food manufacturer who supplies their well-known products throughout the UK and Internationally.
They are seeking a Product Development Technologist to assist the development and introduction of new products in support of the companies commercial, customer and consumer strategies.
- Support the Product Development Manager in the development of new products from concept stage through to full factory scale on line production.
- Develop and interpret new product briefs and initiate costings.
- Carry out sensory analysis work to improve product knowledge and provide material and data to assist the Sales and Marketing Department.
- Work closely with the design team to provide product samples and technical detail for pack copy and customer mock ups.
- Preparation of technical detail for product specification in terms of recipe, size, quality and packaging.
- Be a member of the HACCP Team.
- Carry out Test Kitchen recipe and packaging mock-up work.
- Manage the day to day housekeeping of the test kitchen.
- Degree or post graduate qualification in food science or food technology (or similar).
- Essential to have previous experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Numerate and literate. Good IT/PC skills and office software (especially Excel).
- Commercial awareness in terms of ingredients, quantities and packaging.
- Customer focused, analytical thinker.
- Impact & influence/interpersonal skills.
- Team working/collaborative work style.
What’s on offer?
- A starting salary of up to £25,000.
- Working Monday to Friday.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.