Our client has a great brand and manufactures their products in a beautiful rural location. They are looking for a Quality Manager to lead a small team of 2 Quality Technicians. The role will be very hands-on and will involve both office and factory- based activities. All roles within the Technical function are multi-disciplined and as a result, the Quality Manager will be required to partake in other departmental activities to help support the wider team.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the role would ideally suit someone currently in a QA Team Leader or Supervisor’s role who is ready for their first step into Management.
The role will involve actively leading the Quality team in order to monitor and achieve the Technical & Quality Objective and best support the Technical Strategy
As a key member of the Technical Team, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Assess and develop the Quality Assurance Technician’s capabilities
- Proactively ensure the Company works towards and retains its BRC and Organic accreditation
- Manage the internal auditing process to ensure that all factory and Quality Management System audits are completed in a timely manner and that all corrective actions are investigated and closed out with the wider team.
- Aim to continually improve the Quality Management System and its supporting factory and training documentation to ensure a culture of continuous improvement.
- Complete monitoring activities on data collected by the Quality Assurance Technicians and where necessary, action and correct trends.
- Assist the Production team during factory trials, new equipment installations or during improvement projects.
- Complete external audits on suppliers and services when required.
- Manage factory and technical improvement projects.
- Support the Technical Assistant in completing technical based projects and activities.
Essential Skills include:
- Must have some supervisory experience and show potential for a Management role
- Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills.
- Effective organisation & communication skills.
- A working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a Food Science or Technology field.
- HACCP Level 3.
- Food Safety level 3.
- Internal Auditing Qualification
Desirable Skills include:
- Lead Auditor Qualification.
- HACCP Level 4.
- Food Safety Level 4.
- New purpose-built site in rural location
- The company has invested in and embarked upon a major change programme to develop the manufacturing site to Excellence standard
- The Excellence programme will help the company deliver and sustain their significant future growth plans.
- The successful candidate will be a key member of the Excellence team and will be given the tools to actively support, deliver and cascade the objectives; Do, Feel, Love and Live Excellence.
The working hours for this role are typically flexible within the 37.5 hour contract, however, this may change depending on the requirements of the role or as the business sees fit.
If you are ready to take the next step in your Technical career with a family-friendly, flexible business, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4228 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.