My client is a well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. Now an excellent opportunity arises to join this professional yet friendly outfit...
• Successful new product / process introduction through specifications, product information, reference samples, photographs, Use By schedules, proofing Specs etc.
• Design implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of HACCP based Quality Management System, including recording, storing and retrieval of records to demonstrate product quality, consistency and due diligence using industry best practice, customer best practice, BRC, Third Party / Legislative requirements / recommendations.
• Monitoring of factory cleaning and housekeeping and hygiene standards through first hand auditing on the factory floor, analysis of Audit Reports and development of action strategies as a result of repeated / trending of non-conformances. Contribution to cleaning specification development.
• Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients / product, products under hold, reject and returns and speed of action and problem solving.
• Provide technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of technical issues.
• Responsible for the management of line Technical Staff, to include recruitment and selection, training and development, performance monitoring counselling and disciplining.
• Product / process / environment improvements to meet Customer and legislative requirements and progress against internal KPIs
• To lead and develop the team of Quality Assurance Auditors
• Liaise with Customers / Statutory Bodies during factory visits and audits providing information required and implementing corrective action where necessary (Management of Next Steps) and the compilation of response reports.
• Analysis of microbiological and chemical results / trends and determination of corrective action / preventative measures as required and response to Customer Out of Specification reports.
• Cover for technical Manager in their absence.
• Management of serious incidents and corrective actions / preventative measures.
• Crisis Management (testing the system).
• Management of customer complaints – investigation and responses.
• Management of Pest Control.
• To deputise for the Technical Manager.
• To adhere to the group Health and Safety policy, following all company policies and procedures that have been put in place to ensure your welfare and that of others. Being mindful that the Health, Safety and Wellbeing at work is everyone’s responsibility.
• To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
• To Identify and display a positive attitude towards change and continuous improvement within your area of responsibility. Assist others in the implementation of change and provide feedback for improvement for the processes in which you are involved.
You must have a proven track record leading a team in QA/Technical within Food Manufacturing. You will either have experience at QA Manager level or you may be a QA Supervisor looking for the next step in your career. You will be well accustomed to working to BRC and HACCP standards. You will have good team leadership qualities and excellent communication skills.
33 Days Holiday
Pension 3% Matching
Life Assurance 4 x Salary
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.