Plant Engineering Leader
I am looking for an Plant Engineering Leader to coordinate the tasks of the site’s 24/7 shift engineering team, providing clear leadership whilst ensuring tasks are completed on time and to a world class standard. To reduce operating plant downtime through quick, safe and effective actions following breakdowns whilst ensuring a detailed root cause analysis (RCA) of the event is completed to prevent reoccurrence. The Plant Engineering Leader will actively manage across departments to ensure the delivery of all maintenance plans. To ensure the maintenance and operational continuity of production equipment; optimising the productivity of the team and generating added value.
• Health & Safety: To proactively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all associates in the bakery and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the company Health and Safety policy. A member of the site’s safety committee.
• To ensure the engineering team react quickly and safely to plant breakdowns to minimise the period of plant downtime and maximise output.
• To ensure the maintenance system (Maximo) is used for all downtime and shift reporting and ensure team compliance with the receipt and issue of engineering stocks.
• To ensure the team’s assigned preventative maintenance tasks are completed on time and recorded in Maximo.
• Responsible for the continual development of the site’s engineering continuous improvement (CI) and RCA processes, working closely with the wider plant engineering and bakery team to ensure the system is regularly updated.
• Responsible for the continual development of the site’s shift engineering team through the active management of and development of team talent, through effective 1:1’s, performance reviews and associate training and development programs.
• Performance management: To appropriately manage the performance of all team members using GB talent performance systems (i.e. appraisals) and, if necessary, to impose disciplinary sanctions in accordance with Company policy through to dismissal stage.
• An experienced engineer (Qualified engineer with formal certificate) with a strong electrical & PLC bias and good mechanical knowledge (incl. hydraulics & pneumatics).
• Proven experience of leading a team of shift engineers. Minimum 3-5 years management
• A clear understanding of the principles of CI and RCA, with a history of successful deployment.
• A creative individual who is able to identify effective long term solutions to plant issues, an excellent troubleshooter.
Please contact Ryan Flannigan on 01312265060 for more details.