A Food Manufacturing business is looking for a Production Manager to join it's new manufacturing site in West Yorkshire to lead the day to day production, including people development, process improvement and KPI management. You will have the exciting opportunity of instilling best practise early into the sites' production.
A progressive and ambitious Food Manufacturer that supplies unique products into the major retailers.
Your key responsibilities as Production Manager will include but not be limited to:
- Leading a team of circa 20 initially within the Production facility, ensuring compliance with Company's quality, labour, hygiene, safety, health and environment policies and guidelines
- Maintain a safe working environment and provide continuous coaching support to team members
- Ensure that products are consistently manufactured meeting prescribed standards in cost and quality
- Plan production schedules so that production quotas are met in
- Using different continuous improvement tools and methodologies, develop plans to enhance the performance manufacturing in terms of safety, cost, quality, hygiene, productivity, etc
- Work with Engineering to ensure equipment is in proper working order ensuring appropriate calibration
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing work and to formally assess team performance against objectives
- Develop team by providing coaching, support, direction and documented performance appraisals also ensuring sound career and succession plans
In order to be successful in your application for Production Manager, you will ideally have a proven track record of managing a production team in a food manufacturing environment.
£35k - £40k*
*Depending on experience
There will be opportunities to develop as the business continues to grow