Job Purpose :
To lead the day-to-day quality control and quality audit functions within the factory whilst maintaining mandatory BRC and customer accreditations.
Key Tasks :
- To oversee all aspects of day to day Quality Assurance including Raw Material QC and factory QC operations.
- To manage all site audits, including GMP, systems, and traceability.
- To manage, motivate, coach and develop the site team of QAs and advise on training needs.
- To manage complaint investigations and responses to customers as appropriate.
- To manage, review and develop all aspects of BRC, IFS and customer standards to maintain A Grade status or equivalent.
- To champion site quality through such processes as HACCP, TACCP and Continuous Improvement.
- To identify, establish and develop departmental and customer KPIs.
- To develop and maintain robust quality checks from raw material to finished goods, making appropriate recommendations for improvement, in conjunction with specifications.
- To deputise for the Compliance and Technical Manager during holidays or absence.
- To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met in all activities to ensure a safe working environment is provided for all employees
- To ensure that all environmental standards are met in all activities onsite to ensure minimum impact to the environment.
- Document control management for all departments
- Degree/Food related Science or HNC/HND
- Advanced Food Safety and Food Hygiene Qualifications
- BRC Lead Auditor
- Intermediate HACCP certificate
- Some experience of managing others
- Knowledge of ISO 22000
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to get buy-in
- Self-organisation and time management skills