Health and Safety Manager FMCG
My client is currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join a fast growing business based in the South West England area. The main purpose of this position is to support the Site and Group Health and Safety Management in developing and delivering the best solutions which build a safety culture.
You will also be responsible in providing competent advice at all levels to ensure the highest possible standards of Health and Safety Management is achieved in compliance with our Health and Safety Policy and to lead the development and implementation of the site Health and Safety Strategic Plan.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To promote a Health and Safety culture, encourage strong leadership through competency, worker engagement, behaviors.
- To plan, implement and maintain a robust H&S Management System
- To develop and undertake external and Internal Health and Safety audits to ensure continual improvement across the site.
- To set priorities to prevent accidents and reduce employer liability claims.
- To lead and facilitate the delivery of Group and local environmental and sustainability plans.
- Accountability for coordination of delivery of the GAP analysis corrective action implementation process against all key H&S business audit standards i.e. British Safety Council and Insurance audit standards.
- Assisting in the development, implementation and reviewing of the company’s Health and Safety policies.
- Developing & undertaking subject specific internal Health & Safety audits.
- Being actively involved in the management and reduction of risk within the business; inclusive of maintenance of the operating sites master risk profile register.