Hygiene Supervisor Nightshift
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Nightshift Hygiene Supervisor to join our Greencore team based in Atherstone. As a hygiene supervisor, the role will involve coordinating the hygiene teams to safely deliver hygiene procedures to ensure that the manufacturing facility meets regulatory standards and customers’ expectations for hygiene, GMP and Micro control are met.Main responsibilities
Our Hygiene Supervisors are responsible for:
- Identifying hygiene requirements by monitoring changes in the production environment, developing and refining the SOPs and mastering cleaning schedule to ensure safe food is delivered in compliance with regulatory, customer codes and identified best practice
- Supervising and ensuring that all team members have the skills and understanding necessary to successfully complete their role to a high standard and have training plans which support their ongoing development
- Planning and delivering hygiene elements of capex/maintenance programmes to ensure that all equipment is installed with appropriate hygiene SOPs and is maintained to agreed levels of operational integrity
- Completing stock takes and ordering in the absence of Hygiene Manager
- Completing risk assessment against sanitation standard and monitoring delivery against operating procedure to ensure that all sanitation activities are fit for purpose and completed in a safe manner
- Performing daily chemical checks and organising cover for holidays and sickness for night shift team members
- Performing daily chemical checks, completing records for facilities cleaning, traywash etc. and completing the sign off of associated corrective actions.
- Good communication skills
- Good literacy and numerical skills
- Allergen Awareness
- Food Hygiene Level 3 or above required or be prepared to gain this qualification.
- Level 3 HACCP or above required or be prepared to gain this qualification.
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment
- IT literate, able to work confidently with email, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Flexibility to be shown with working hours
- Knowledge of Food legislation, safety and quality
- Leads by example, consistently sets standards of operation and encourages others throughout the business.
- Able to plan and organise tasks effectively to ensure completion of set duties to required standards.
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
The Atherstone site sits within the Food To Go and produces Sandwiches and wraps for leading retailers. The site employs 600+ people and has been an established part of the local community for a number of years.