Maintenance Manager - FMCG
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience Engineering Manager / Maintenance Manager to join a blue chip fmcg manufacturer and implement and improve the TPM / PPM procedures on site.
My client is a well known fmcg manufacturer based in the Crewe area who are growing the business. Due to this they now need an experience Maintenance Manager who can be involved with their lean manufacturing culture.
- To implement the planned preventive maintenance plan to reduce production lost time due to machine breakdowns, and to facilitate enhanced production efficiencies and raise OEE.
- To develop / assist in developing the site planned preventive maintenance (PPM) system in line with total productive maintenance (TPM) practices.
- Control the use of external contractors through the Permit to Work System, ensuring site safety procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure a robust system is in place to prioritise and implement brake down maintenance work on a daily basis.
- Liaise with the SHE manager re the engineering input required into building maintenance and site facilities.
- Liaise with stores operator to determine business critical spares, and to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained.
- Liaise with OEM's to supply specialised spare parts.
- Lead or participate in resolving issues with OEM's and service providers where machinery or contracts have failed to perform correctly.
- HNC or equivalent Engineering qualification
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Experience in the management of engineering systems to include total productive maintenance (TPM).
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
A highly competitive package.