Senior Production Manager
Global manufacturer are looking for a Senior Production Manager , to sit on the Senior Leadership Team and to lead the department , creating an environment of continuous improvement. You will need to improve communication and cohesive working between other departments within the factory , working towards maximising outputs and reducing waste.
This multi-national, multi-billion $ FMCG manufacturer offers innovative development opportunities across a comprehensive portfolio of products, manufactured at their UK factory. Offering their customers cradle to the grave service that their competitors simply cannot match.
Essential to the companies success is their determination to re-invest into their manufacturing site. This is giving them the competitive edge over their customers which has led to significant growth over the last decade and is set to continue .
The Senior Production Manager will need to manage and develop the chemical department, dispensary, and batch processing operation in line with business requirements, and provide technical support to the product development process.
- To monitor and achieve agreed manufacturing schedules on time and in full.
- To increase productivity and efficiency with particular focus upon wastage and direct labour efficiency, including monitoring and reducing wastage through planned improvement initiatives.
- To ensure all quality systems and processes are adhered to at all times and that all manufacturing records and reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- To initiate and drive continuous improvement activities in all areas.
- To ensure compliance with Company hygiene policies and Company Health & Safety and Environmental policies at all times.
- To manage overall H, S & E improvement programs within the process function.
- To review all audits including customer, external organisations, and internal ensuring prompt resolution of any issues.
- To contribute fully to the NPD process.
- To maintain good working relationships with outside services, such as water suppliers.
- Manage the factory line trial process.
- To manage all process spends to agreed budgets.
- The management, leadership, performance management, development, recruitment and training of all staff within the function, direct and indirect reports, to ensure that performance and customer service are optimised (includes Engineering).
- Any reasonable additional duties requested or delegated by your manager.
The Senior Production Manager will need:
- Experience managing Operations/ Production within an FMCG environment.
- Excellent motivation and man management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques and a track record of successful implementation.
- Ability to develop relationships with other departments.
- History of creating a team that are self sufficient.
£50-60k+ car allowance and other benefits