Shift Engineer – Food Manufacturing
Excellent Salary + Benefits
Our client, a food manufacturing business, produces a wide range of chilled branded and own label foods sold throughout the UK’s retailers. They have been in business over 100 years and currently have 6 production sites in the UK.
An exciting opportunity is available for an Electrically Bias Engineer to join the Bakery Engineering Team at their Nottingham site.
This role is responsible for a combination of planned/reactive maintenance and technical challenges to ensure maximum line efficiency with accountability and ownership to deliver the line KPIs. Capable of leading from the front within a team ensuring the efficient running, primarily, of fast paced machinery within an FMCG environment.
The companies vision as a business is to inspire their customers through excellence in quality food, innovation, and integrity. As a member of the Engineering Team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities. These will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactive, planned-preventative maintenance to ensure our existing equipment is able to meet capacity demand and efficiency targets.
- Reactive maintenance to ensure minimal machine downtime.
- Identifying and delivering against opportunities to implement changes and continuous improvement projects to maximise plant efficiencies.
- Continuous professional development through industry specific training.
- A 12hour nights continental shift pattern, with shifts commencing at 18:00
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Experienced multi-skilled maintenance engineer with a strong electrical bias. Evidence of this electrical bias will include the following:
- Ability to install and programme an invertor on a three phase induction motor
- Ability to read and fault find on an electrical system
- Fault finding on PLC’s, including the ability to change ladder logic.
- Good knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Good knowledge of Servo Motors
- Production line experience on high speed packaging equipment in FMCG, food, or Pharmaceutical
- Strong diagnostic skills and proactive in their approach
- Educated to at least a City & Guilds level 3 or NVQ level 3 in a relevant qualification
- Good communications skills
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Mechanical engineering competence
- HNC or better within electrical engineering
Apply for Shift Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly