Head of New Product Development
Our client are a food processor they supply their products throughout the UK and Internationally.
They are currently seeking a Head of New Product Development to be based from their head office in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Offering a generous remuneration package with relocation support and an opportunity to live in a location offering a different pace of life.
The company strategy is one of profitable growth, new product development, diversification, and international expansion.
The role will be to develop new product ranges from concept to launch in line with the business strategy and mission statement, whilst incorporating brand values and contributing to the profitability of the company through innovation.
• Managing the delivery of the Product Development programme to deliver a constant stream of new products at the appropriate price points and margins in accordance with the business and development priorities & objectives.
• Liaise closely with Marketing and Technical teams in the generation of concept briefs, including aspects such as flavours, textures, raw materials and recipes.
• Work with suppliers to source new ingredients that match product specifications, as well as food safety standards, to ensure that all products are of the best levels of quality and that the supply can be guaranteed consistently.
• Liaise with Technical and Production teams (internally or externally) to guarantee the smooth transition of projects into production, driving continuous improvement initiatives and ensuring successful product launches every time
• Communicate effectively with Marketing, Sales, Production, Fulfilment and Procurement to support excellent product management, development, purchasing, product launch, marketing, sales and stock control.
• Co-ordinate training and development of product knowledge across the business supporting Marketing, the Contact Centre and Sales personnel.
• Communicate credibly, internally and externally, representing the brand at meetings, events and conferences.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of the latest food trends within the industry, identifying opportunities for potential new business ideas as well as ways to enhance existing product ranges.
• Development or innovation management role experience with a knowledge and understanding of all stages in product development in an FMCG, preferable meat environment.
• Business to consumer environment experience is preferred.
• Proven team management experience.
• A product-led individual with a strong commercial sense and an exceptional understanding of, and passion for good food.
• The ability to inspire and stretch the minds of the Product Development Chefs and identify significant product opportunities.
• A highly collaborative style of working.
• Food styling and photography experience would be advantageous.
• Comfortable working in a fast moving, flexible, constantly changing NPD environment.
What’s on offer?
• A salary is negotiable depending on experience in line with stature of the role.
• Full relocation can be supported.
• Annual leave of 29 days per year
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Private healthcare
• Generous staff discount on products
• Long service awards
• Life assurance and pension scheme
• Child care vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free flu vaccinations
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.