Engineering Shift Supervisor
I have a new and exciting Engineering Shift Supervisor/Team Leader opportunity within a long standing manufacturing business undergoing significant development.
The role will pay an annual salary of circa £39,000 - £40,000 with flexible overtime.
The Shift pattern is a double days rotating pattern of:
Week 1 - Monday to Friday (6AM - 2:30PM)
Week 2 - Monday to Friday (2PM - 10:30PM)
Reporting into the Engineering Manager you would be supervising a team of engineers to control the ongoing maintenance of the production area and critical assets.
- To ensure the safe management of department, plant and personnel with regards to engineering/production functions.
- Monitor and supervise the Engineering teams, to ensure manufacturing efficiencies and productivity are maintained to a high level, including systems management.
- To ensure that downtime on all production lines are kept to a minimum/acceptable level.
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping and hygiene.
- To ensure that all procedures and working methods are adhered to.
- To ensure planned maintenance is organised effectively, in conjunction with production planning, to reduce line downtime.
- Produce reports, and management information as required for the Deputy Engineering Manager or other personnel as required.
- Analyse efficiency of plant and recommendations for improvements.
- Keeping up-to-date records of equipment maintenance to meet company standards and legislation.
- To motivate, train and develop staff, improving attitudes and effective team management.
- Hold regular team meetings and conduct annual appraisals.
- Manage time and attendance records, to include overtime and holidays.
- To comply with all standard operative procedures to include ISO and BRC standards ensuring best practices at all times.
- Qualified engineer (ideally electrical bias) with good working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering
- Experience in FMCG or equivalent process industry
- Proven track record of successful personnel project management.
- Good standard of education, articulate, numerate and the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing. IT literate.
- Proven track record of managing multi functional and integrated teams.
- Knowledge of industrial Health, Safety and Environmental aspects.
- Clean driving license.
- Ability to work at a consistent level under pressure and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work with others in various team environments and to be confident and assertive with people at all levels.
- Be able to listen, assess and appreciate ideas of others, ability to conceptually think ideas through.
- Be able to challenge and present alternative solutions.
- Be open to new technologies and techniques.
- An applied knowledge of Lean practice
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a strong developing business with great future prospects, and with the scope to get involved in challenging site expansion activities.
A great opportunity to develop your leadership and training skills within a successful manufacturing business.
If you feel you have the relevant experience, personality and qualifications, please apply within or contact Gregg Telfer on 0131 226 5060.
**UK RESIDENTS ONLY**