Engineering Manager (2531)
Role title: Engineering Manager, (Chilled)
Location: South West Midlands
Salary: £60,000 pa + bonus + healthcare + benefits
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join a leading food manufacturer based in the South West Midlands.
- To have overall management and responsibility for all engineering in your designated factory or directly associated areas
- To ensure, the appropriate resources, equipment and time is available for a systematic approach to maintenance within your designated production facility
- To liaise as necessary with equipment/component manufacturers and suppliers to ensure wherever possible the appropriate provision of services, materials and the timely resolution of engineering issues
- To support the Production, Technical and Hygiene departments by delivering engineering resources and solutions
- To ensure effective continuation and management of engineering issues across shifts by way of effective shift handover and communication
- To liaise with the IEM or designated Industrial Section personnel to ensure engineering works affecting factory operations are dealt with in an effective and timely manner
- To manage staffing levels and balance of skills to meet production and other department requirements
- To ensure that all Lead Technicians are fully briefed on operational requirements and that they are also communicating the message down to all team members effectively
- To ensure the PPM requirements are communicated effectively to the relevant teams
- To review with the Engineering Planner PPM schedules to ensure they are effective.
- To schedule (and execute) planned preventative maintenance with Engineering Planner
- To ensure that production cover is maximised by effective break management through the shift teams
- To liaise with Production/Technical Managers on a daily basis to ensure that you are aware of issues within a department so engineering resources can be used efficiently.
- To ensure that all subcontractors are working to the correct RAMS when on site, and company H&S policies are being adhered to
- To support and develop members of the engineering team and ensure training needs are identified
- Engineering degree and/or equivalent, (HND, HNC etc).
- Strategic approach to achieving work outcomes.
- People management and leadership experience.
- Computer Maintenance Management System experience.
- Has a track record of improving department performance and creating and implementing new processes/ways of working.
- Previous chilled, ‘high care’ food manufacturing experience is essential
Are you a natural leader in complex, pressurised environments and looking for your next move? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.