Westmill is a specialist food supplier whose market leading brands include Amoy, Asli Atta, Daawat, Elephant Atta, Lucky Boat, Patak’s, Pride, Rajah and Tolly Boy. Found in the best professional and home kitchens, our brands are respected for their quality and authenticity and our vision is to inspire our communities with colourful food, through working with our trade partners in the ethnic and grocery channels. Working for Westmill means you belong to an entrepreneurial and culturally diverse business that values high performance, collaboration and the desire to make a difference.
What does this role offer?
We have an exciting opportunity in our Quality and Assurance team to head up the site based Technical team.
Selby is a rice milling and packing operation, milling around 20,000 tonnes of rice a year from Uruguay, India and Pakistan. The site is full of character and has loyal and passionate people who have deep technical expertise.
This is a critical site based role where the job holder will play an active part in setting the site technical objectives and goals. Main responsibilities include:
- Defining, developing and maintaining robust, safe and efficient processes and procedures to support effective site operations to ensure the delivery of quality products meeting the required customer/ABF/accreditation standards
- Establishing and maintaining procedures to ensure food safety and conformance to appropriate legislation
- Leadership of the on-site Technical team, building a positive and collaborative working environment which works closely with the site management and production team and other key stakeholders
- Building and managing excellent relationships with key customers, including management of visits, audits and customer complaints
- Managing the site technical budget to deliver best value to Westmill.
You’ll be part of a friendly team with the opportunity to really make a difference, improving the efficiency of technical processes. You will be working closely with the Production team, internal customers and external suppliers. Westmill is a business where you can take responsibility, make an impact and gain and develop experience to progress both internally and in the wider ABF Group.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will need a track record in a food manufacturing technical role and ideally a degree in Food Technology/Food Science or a related subject. You will have advanced knowledge of HACCP, Food Hygiene and Auditing.
As well as this technical background, you will need to be a positive and strong leader, able to take a technical lead and also motivate your team and build strong relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
If this is what you’re looking for please don’t hesitate to send your up to date CV to: email@example.com