Technical Controller Supply Chain - Trafford or Enfield
3 days left
- Contract Type
Westmill is a specialist food supplier whose market leading brands include Amoy, Asli Atta, Daawat, Elephant Atta, Lucky Boat, Patak’s, Pride, Rajah and Tolly Boy. Found in the best professional and home kitchens, our brands are respected for their quality and authenticity and our vision is to inspire our communities with colourful food, through working with our trade partners in the ethnic and grocery channels. Working for Westmill means you belong to an entrepreneurial and culturally diverse business that values high performance, collaboration and the desire to make a difference.
There is now an exciting opportunity to join the Central Technical team as our Technical Controller for the Supply Chain. The purpose of the role is to be the technical lead on the rice and spice supply chain with full accountability for supplier approval across all commodities, ingredients, bought in goods and third party warehousing. The role will have accountability for Westmill’s central Food Safety & Quality Management System.
• Accountability for supplier approval of new and existing suppliers
• Building strategic relationships with suppliers
• Auditing key suppliers
• Ensure the supply chain due diligence processes are robust and continually improved
• Ensure Raw Materials are purchased to EU / UK Legislation requirements
• Raw materials are purchased in compliance with retailer sourcing requirements
• Support NPD new raw material sourcing
• Raw Material - TACCP compliance
• Support manufacturing sites third party audits (BRC / Customer)
• Technical lead at Associations such (UK Seasoning & Spice / UK & Federation of European Rice)
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will ideally have experience of at least 5 years in a similar role or in food manufacturing roles maintaining food safety, quality and compliance. A good knowledge of EU food legislation is required. The candidate must be analytical, accurate, tenacious and highly organised. This role will work closely with procurement, new product development marketing and will require good communication skills and a flexible can-do attitude. The role will include a high level of UK and international travel.
If this opportunity is what you are looking for please don’t hesitate to apply to: email@example.com
Apply for Technical Controller Supply Chain - Trafford or Enfield
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly