NPD Raw Materials Buyer
NPD Raw Materials Buyer
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a NPD Raw Materials Buyer to be based in our Head Office in Heathrow.
As a NPD Raw Materials Buyer you will be working closely with the Development teams across site to source new ingredients and suppliers to drive the innovation agenda. You will ensure that all cost and cost related data is provided to ensure that full submission sheets are completed, accurately and in a timely fashion.
Managing the supplier base in conjunction to NPD requirements, negotiating and agreeing terms and conditions whilst ensuring that company costs and processes are not compromised.
- Ensure that NPD raw material requirements are briefed in to the most appropriate supplier, achieving desired timelines, values and quality
- Work closely with the NPD teams & Chefs to build strong working relationships with them and customers
- Ensuring that you are totally aware of new market and supplier activity and feedback to the business as appropriate
- To understand customer brand values to ensure that the right raw materials are sourced
- To drive the raw material innovation programme at a site level through structured sessions and proactive investigation
- Setting up and maintaining the new supplier’s data base
- Attend exhibitions / shows / training courses are attended where applicable
- To attend customer meetings and briefings as required to support and drive the agenda
- To have an understanding of the costing system, ensuring that costs are supplied as required
- Carry out relevant project work as required by the business
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The shift pattern is Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm however flexibility is required as this role will require travel to other Adelie and customer sites.
The ideal candidate
- 2/3 years purchasing experience in a chilled food manufacturing environment is preferred
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Computer literate
- Degree or similar level of education ideally in Food Science/Technology, or relevant science.
- CIPS qualified or working towards CIPs accreditation.
- Must have good customer facing skills with a strong commercial awareness
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
- Able to work both as an individual and as a team player
- Good interpersonal skills -Ability to create a favourable first impression, project yourself well and present with confidence
- Able to enjoy working within a fast-moving environment with change and high expectations
- Detail conscious
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £33,000 per annum
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free Lunch
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.