Process Development Technologist
4 days left
- Contract Type
Process Development Technologist
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Process Development Technologist to be based in Wembley.
As a Process Development Technologist you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and improving continuously the technical components of Raw Material, Factory and Customer Specifications, Finished Product Label Copy and Vendor Management systems in order to improve due diligence. You will be also responsible to ensure best practice in these areas is shared across Group sites.
- To work very closely with development colleagues, converting successful kitchen concepts into workable, manageable operational solutions which meet the expectations of the customer, the brief and the business
- ‘Own’ the critical path, ensuring that lead times are achieved, the correct raw materials and packaging are received and reviewed
- Carry out meaningful trials, evaluating the results and communicating these to the relevant functional expertise in a timely fashion
- Become the guardian of all things Operational and Technical within the NPD launch process
- All quality, organoleptic, nutritional shelf life and allergen testing should be completed as required
- To analyse current processes with a view to making efficiency improvements
- Manage the process and documents in line with BRC requirements
- Update the process dashboard for the monthly report, on performance against KPI’s
- To drive products through the launch process (PCP), through various factory trials until final ownership is managed by the site teams
- To work closely with suppliers to ensure that ingredients are fully reviewed and understood prior to the submission of QAS sheets. Work closely with packaging and equipment suppliers to manage trials to support both projects and launches
- Build strong relationships with new and existing customer and suppliers, attending meetings and becoming the first communication point on all relevant projects
- To drive margin and product improvement through a scheduled and agreed programme of value engineering / product and process improvements
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The working days are Monday to Friday and the working hours are from 8.30am to 17pm. Additional flexibility is required for this position.
The ideal candidate
- Passionate about Food!
- Experience of food processing / chilled foods environment and significant evidence of understanding of Quality and food safety issues
- Attention to detail coupled with ability to work at fast pace and manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Able to be an outstanding Team Player
- Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative, but sensitive to the needs and demands on other departments
- Enthusiastic approach and self-motivated, identifies opportunities for improvement without guidance
- A strong people person, who can demonstrate consistent standards and behaviours within a multicultural environment
- Results focused individual who operates with an excellent attention to detail
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £24,000 per annum
- 33 Days days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free lunch on site
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.