5 days left
- Contract Type
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £230 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a NPD Technologist to be based in our Head Office in Heathrow.
As an NPD Technologist, you will assist the development managers with creating, developing and launching products in accordance with commercial briefs, brand standards, quality and cost parameters and time scales.
- Hands on kitchen work to produce quality product samples, following a set recipe, for internal and external product presentations
- Monitoring ingredients used to ensure they are of the correct quality and compiling a pick list of ingredients for the development assistant and ensuring the make-up pack is complete to the process timeline
- Brief procurement and suppliers regarding the sourcing and ordering, and re-ordering of standard, specialist and bespoke ingredients
- Researching food trends and food to go market to participate in product design
- Ensuring the correct ingredients are available on site in the correct quantity for production of samples on the required day, by planning and ordering ingredients from factories or suppliers
- Input the recipe into the costing system to create a complete costing, and nutritional information which is used in the customer presentation pack
- Deliver accurate and timely documentation to support customer presentations and launches
- Assisting NPD colleagues to fulfil their duties in a detailed timely manner
The ideal candidate
- Graduate with a food related degree (be it food science or nutrition ideally)
- Relevant experience working in an NPD environment
- Use of own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Full clean driving license and own car
- Be happy to try all food types including meat and fish
- Confident and out-going personality
- Passionate about Food!
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £25,000 per annum
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free Lunch
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.