Production Planner - OLDHAM (12 month Contract)
Salary c£25,000 plus benefits
We are a c£160million business which supplies cake and desserts to service the own brands of major retailers, there are two sites both based in the North West at Oldham and Bolton.
Our products include, high end celebration cake products, slab cakes and mainstream desserts, we mostly supply Marks & Spencer's although we also supply major retailers including Sainsbury's, Tesco's Co-op and Aldi and Morrisons.
We are a profitable business with a clear commercial strategy and a strong relationship with its customers and suppliers through its energy, style and commitment to partner relationships and quality.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Production Planner to join a small team based at our Oldham site.
Key example accountabilities for this role are as follows: -
- Produce accurate production plans both daily and weekly while working within constraints
- Working closely with Production teams to efficiently utilise Labour and Plant time
- Responsible for agreed stock holding levels of both finished goods and work in progress
- Input and manage data flow into the Planning software (PREACTOR) and ensure its accuracy with regular reporting
- Actively liaise with distribution, replenishment and production departments to ensure effective Planning and any issues are resolved.
- Produce reports for various departments to monitor progress on customer orders and manage service levels to the customer.
- Provide planning forecasts in order to predict labour /agency and capacity
- MRP daily runs and longer term Planning Horizon accuracy
Attributes and Experience:
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A high level of advanced IT skills, including excel
- Experience of Production Planning in a fast moving consumer goods environment, preferably food or perishable goods
- Knowledge and understanding of the MRP process preferably with SAP experience
- Good level of numeracy
- Ability to stay calm and think logically under pressure
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Operate in a flexible working environment including hours of work
- Salary c£25,000 dependent upon experience
- 33 days a year (this includes an allowance for Bank holidays which are a normal working day unless booked as holiday - excepting Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- Money purchase pension scheme with 2% contribution of salary
- Discount scheme operating across several online and high street retailers
To Apply: Please press the "apply" button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This may be of interest to those looking for the following roles: Planning Manager, Production Planner, Production Coordinator, Logistics Controller, Stock Controller, Forecast and Supply Planner, Materials Controller, Scheduler, Food, Drink, Beverage FMCG, Bolton, Oldham, Manchester, Leeds, Lancashire, Preston, Stockport, Rochdale.