Our client, a well-known brand in Scotland and the UK is currently looking to strengthen their business with the addition of a Development Chef.
The successful candidate will demonstrate previous experience in an innovative and busy Food Manufacturing Development Chef capacity or working for a food manufacturer supplying into retail or foodservice.
We are looking for highly creative, talented, innovative Chefs who demonstrate a dynamic flair and genuine passion for concept, development and improvement of food products.
- Identify market niches and opportunities to which existing products could be tailored and new product developed.
- To liaise closely within the Commercial, Production, Technical and other departments to ensure consistency within the development of new products, and improvement of existing products.
- Evaluate the success of new products and product enhancements
- Assisting in sourcing of raw materials, which add value to the product whilst maintaining the necessary margins
- To be responsible for communicating recipes and methods of product launches and recipe changes.
- To arrange and co-ordinate product samples, requirements and deliveries.
- Minimum of 2 years Food Manufacturing Development Chef or Chef experience
- Demonstrate a natural creative flair and passion for food creation and development. .
- Excellent interpersonal and communication required for client presentations, tasting panels etc.
- Knowledge of food safety and quality and their implementation.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
What’s on offer
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris .