Category Manager – Supply Chain
Category Manager – Supply Chain
Reporting to Procurement Lead - Supply Chain
Purpose of Job
- Member of the Group procurement team with direct responsibility for Supply Chain spend across the Dairy Crest group (approx. £35m spend pa).
- Leads by example as a key driver of change thinking and project execution, working closely with Engineering, Technical and Operational stakeholders to secure value and advantage for Dairy Crest together with our key suppliers.
- Establishes alternative specifications, supply options and innovation across the services covered whilst protecting Dairy Crest from risk exposure and establishing a sustainable supply chain.
- Identifies and implements significant bottom-line cost savings, as well as introducing company-wide best-practice processes to drive maximum value from operational budgets and supply base. Ensures that procurement is embedded as a key consideration within the stakeholder buying decisions and that the supply base accurately reflects the business needs and priorities.
- Supports the development of the Supply Chain Indirect Procurement team and the Procurement Function to deliver the team and functional objectives.
Nature & Scope of the Job
- Contribute to the development and adoption of key processes and ways of working for the procurement function
- Accountable for creating and achieving through the team cost savings, cash flow improvements, service and quality targets
- Sell the benefits of working jointly with procurement, what their relative roles and responsibilities should be in joint category teams, and alignment of targets
- Establish credibility among the various stakeholder communities by working hand in hand
- Develop strategies across their portfolios and expand their sphere of influence across the stakeholder’s budget
- Drive innovation and champion value-engineering across Cheese, Butter and Spreads Functional Ingredients businesses
- Drive Dairy Crest to establish alternative supply options to open up the market and provide contingency plans
- Deliver measurable financial and non-financial benefits to the business
- Monitor market prices to ensure accurate price forecasting and risk mitigation
- Foster a continuous improvement mentality across the supply chain and suppliers
- Ensure a robust supplier performance and relationship management system is in place and maintained
- Delivering saving and cash flow targets within the categories identified
- Delivering robust contracts to manage spend and risk
- Supporting the Procurement Lead – Supply Chain in developing strategic plans and budgets
- Driving improvement in supplier performance across service, quality and cost via the SRM program
- Establishing strong stakeholder alignment and support
- Designing and implementing a clear risk management strategy i.e. reduced exposure and appropriate supply security
- Support and implement the key functional development projects
- Developing a clear understanding the total costs of managing the supply chain spend area
- Aligning the supply-base to Dairy Crest’s business goals
- Satisfying internal customer service, quality and innovation needs
- Provide accurate and timely information to commercial teams and wider business on price movements and forecasts
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Experience of managing large, complex cross-functional change projects
- Strong change management and implementation experience
- Track record for delivering sustainable and consistent cost saving projects
- Able to demonstrate a track record of engaging key stakeholders in category strategy development and implementation
- Flexibility in influencing skills/styles at all levels of the business
- Ability to demonstrate strategic change in a category role
- Advanced analytical skills
- Proven track record of extracting innovation from the supply base and implementation thereof in the organisation
- Proven track record in procuring Engineering/MRO and site services categories and capex equipment
To apply for this role please send a current CV and covering letter via the link below
Please ensure that you quote the reference number 6855 when submitting your application for this role.
The closing date for this role is: 5th March 2018.
Any applications received after this date may not be processed.
Agencies - Thank you for your interest in working with Dairy Crest. We have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed.
We do not pay fees or acknowledge any CV’s supplied to Dairy Crest unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of the Resourcing Team.