Whey Process Operator GOS
- Contract Type
Whey Process Operator GOS
Shift Pattern: 3 on 3 off, days & Nights / 7 to 7 including weekends and Bank Holidays.
This is an amazing opportunity for a reliable, adaptable and dedicated person to join our integral process line – this roles may lead to permanent emplotymeny for those who are motivated and work hard
Dairy Crest – Who are we?
- We are a leading British dairy products company and we’re on a mission to create exceptional food, loved by every generation. We own and manage some of the UK's most popular dairy brands, including:
- Cathedral City – proud to be the Britain’s favourite cheese,
- Davidstow – the ultimate cheese with an intense, rounded flavour,
- Country Life – a leading butter brand which comes exclusively from British Dairy farms,
- Clover – the only spread with no artificial ingredients,
- Utterly Butterly – launched in 1995 and now a household name and the popular
- Vitalite – the No.1 dairy free spread
- We are committed to providing healthier, tasty products that make it easier for consumers to choose healthier foods and to play our part in helping to improve the nation’s health. As a leading dairy manufacturer we are also determined to ensure that key social, ethical and environmental issues are assessed and prioritised.
Nature & Scope of the Job
Demineralized whey powder is used by the customer as an ingredient for infant food and therefore has to be manufactured under very strict GMP standards. The specifications also demand a high degree of process control.
The Whey Process Operator is part of the team working in the separation, demineralization, evaporation, drying bagging (days), GOS manufacture areas, depending on skills and experience. Cross training will be part of the individual’s development.
The Whey Process Operator will under the guidance of the Team Shift Manager support the delivery of the production plan and manufacturing product in accordance with the relevant SOPs, product specifications and procedures
The Whey Process Operator will work the process to agreed standards and if the process deviates from the norm, escalate the issue to the Team Shift Manager (1st call) or other support functions e.g. Technical or Eng Team leader to maintain process efficiency. They will also demonstrate the ability to use problem solving tools and technical knowledge to support their own process. A high standard of commitment to process stability and customer quality is expected.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- **You must have your own driving license and transport**
- You will have a degree in a food or biology related discoline
- The ability to learn the technical aspects of whey processing is expected.
- Demonstrable understanding and willingness to comply with all food safety standards, GMP and Health and Safety consistent with working in a world class food manufacturing environment.
- A passion for and an enthusiasm to be part of a high performing team.
- A high level of personal integrity and desire for personal development.
- Results orientated, excellent work ethic, passion, energy, drive
- Previous experience in the food industry
- Work proactively and be willing to take the initiative
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure, multitask and be self-accountable
What could Dairy Crest offer me?
- Work with some of the biggest brands in UK
- Great learning and development opportunities.
- Excellent benefits including pension, NI, product discounts and competitive pay
- Staff shop with discounted products
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking