Technical Manager EMEA
Technical Manager EMEA
I’m currently working with a pioneering food ingredient business, who are a leading producer and distributor to the global food and beverage industry. With a global market opportunity, they are one of the largest worldwide producers of their specialist ingredients and the company are anticipating rapid and scalable growth.
Their goal is to improve global health and well-being by providing natural, pure products ideal for a wide variety of food and beverage applications. Primarily, the products are used to enhance the palatability of a variety of food and drinks.
They are seeking to recruit a world-class Technical Manager, EMEA, who will lead the company's technical support in his/her assigned region. The Technical Manager will report to the Senior Technical Manager and will work closely with his/her counterparts around the globe. This position will focus on technically assisting top food and beverage accounts in his/her region by working with partners and distributors and coordinate application development efforts in food and beverage products across regions. This position will be a key driver in rapidly expanding the company’s technical knowhow and solidifying the company's first-to-market advantage and superior all natural products.
The ideal profile sought is an individual with extensive experience in the food industry who is capable of building a technical support, coordinating projects and finding technical sound solutions. The individual must bring an understanding of European food & beverage businesses, have an entrepreneur mentality, and be capable of implementing big company disciplines into a rapid-growth business.
- Support through technical assistance, an aggressive sales growth campaign across multiple customer segments.
- Play a lead role in working with the technical and sales team
- Position the business as the leader by creating a state of the art technical service network.
- Manage his/her tasks with highly professional systems and processes, designed to accommodate rapid growth and the highest level of customer service.
- Supporting new opportunities in his/her region, "opening the door" for the brand and support sales' close
- Support the Sales team in Europe in crafting collaborative and innovative technical solutions.
- A respected technical professional with 5-10 years of experience in the food & beverage industry, either in food ingredients' technical engineer (flavors or specialties' technical assistance highly desired) or F&B companies' R&D department (beverages or dairy industry preferred), with solid track record of product development and/or customers support.
- Worked in a larger corporate setting, gaining sound fundamental business practices, with capabilities to be successful in a smaller, more entrepreneurial environment where opportunities must be identified and seized in order to succeed.
- Knowledge of food ingredients and proven ability to foster and build strategic partnerships with key customers.
- An understanding of R&D processes. Hands on product development experience and willing to work in a laboratory are highly desired and expected.
- Knowledge of R&D and Marketing interactions is certainly a key advantage.
- Working knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- Graduate degree
- Availability for travel up to 50% of the time.
The role comes with a basic salary of up to £44,000 and a great benefits package including a generous bonus structure which is paid annually.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to work autonomously and make a real difference with their efforts. If you’re looking for a new challenge that will include travelling in the EMEA regions 50% of the time, don’t delay in sending your application!
Keywords: European Technical Manager, Technical Manager, Senior Technical Manager, Technical Manager EMEA, Food and Beverages, Ingredients, flavours, extracts