3 days left
- Contract Type
Purchasing Manager – Food Ingredients to Chefs
Ideal for those with experience in food purchasing and supply management.
Caterite is an ambitious Cumbrian-based business specialising in the supply of food ingredients to hotels, restaurants, cafes, schools, care homes and other caterers.
We are looking for a real foodie who can represent our Company in a friendly and professional way and has a desire to develop our range and grow our sales. We are ideally looking for someone that can bring expertise to manage our multi-million pound ambient, chilled and frozen categories ensuring that they grow in line with our business targets.
Ideal candidates will have the following characteristics:
- Genuine foodie
- Experience in purchasing and food supply
- Highly motivated and dedicated
- Friendly and team-orientated
- Good communicator
- Proactive, organised and reliable
- Reasonable computer skills
If successful in application you will be expected to:
- Make an immediate impact
- Take full responsibility for the management of suppliers, including; product sourcing, pricing, availability and sustainability.
- Increase sales and profitability within the categories by establishing new supplier relationships
- Work with the sales team to help drive development through our customer base.
- Coordinate promotional and media activity by working closely with the marketing team.
Salary and benefits:
- Excellent starting salary (depending on experience)
- iPhone and laptop
- Pension contributions
- 28 days holiday
- Provision for expenses
- Typically Monday to Friday 8.30 to 17.00 plus a little extra.
Previous experience in retail, wholesale or supply chain is required. The candidate will need to display a proven track record of negotiation, strong category management and excellent communication skills.
Caterite Food and Wineservice Limited, Embleton, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9YA
Apply for Purchasing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly