Purchasing Manager – Food Ingredients to Chefs
Ideal for those with experience in food purchasing and supply management.
Caterite is an ambitious Cumbrian-based business specialising in the supply of food ingredients to hotels, restaurants, cafes, schools, care homes and other caterers.
We are looking for a real foodie who can represent our Company in a friendly and professional way and has a desire to develop our range and grow our sales. We are ideally looking for someone that can bring expertise to manage our multi-million pound ambient, chilled and frozen categories ensuring that they grow in line with our business targets.
Ideal candidates will have the following characteristics:
- Genuine foodie
- Experience in purchasing and food supply
- Highly motivated and dedicated
- Friendly and team-orientated
- Good communicator
- Proactive, organised and reliable
- Reasonable computer skills
If successful in application you will be expected to:
- Make an immediate impact
- Take full responsibility for the management of suppliers, including; product sourcing, pricing, availability and sustainability.
- Increase sales and profitability within the categories by establishing new supplier relationships
- Work with the sales team to help drive development through our customer base.
- Coordinate promotional and media activity by working closely with the marketing team.
Salary and benefits:
- Excellent starting salary (depending on experience)
- iPhone and laptop
- Pension contributions
- 28 days holiday
- Provision for expenses
- Typically Monday to Friday 8.30 to 17.00 plus a little extra.
Previous experience in retail, wholesale or supply chain is required. The candidate will need to display a proven track record of negotiation, strong category management and excellent communication skills.
Caterite Food and Wineservice Limited, Embleton, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9YA