I’m currently working with a fantastic business who specialise in producing nutrition supplements for both humans and animals. They work very closely with leading universities, hospitals and research centres around the world on a range of ongoing research programmes. Amongst other awards, they have been accredited as one of the best companies to work for in 2018!
As part of their continued growth and expansion, they will shortly be relocating to new purpose built and bigger premises and are now looking to recruit a Company Microbiologist.
The role will be responsible for the quality management of the onsite ISO17025:2005 accredited laboratory and ensuring the on-site laboratory meets with the requirements of ISO17025:2015 (UKAS) accreditation.
- Provide food and feed safety advice to the company when necessary, along with raw material and product testing advice to colleagues
- Responsible for ensuring the laboratory quality management system is followed at all times
- Assist the QC Manager with training of laboratory personnel ensuring that staff are properly trains and that all work undertaken is compliant with relevant quality and regulatory standards
- Ensure that, where necessary, all laboratory equipment is qualified and/or validated in line with the Company’s Validation Master Plan
- Provide technical support for external and internal queries, including results and anomaly reporting
- Write, review and control all laboratory documentation as required. Ensure laboratory methods approved, controlled, current, robust and fit for purpose, including method development where required
- Assisting with customer visits, external and internal audits including conference calls and potential visits with customer lab managers where required
- Ensuring continuous improvement via internal audits and regular meetings such as QA, complaints review, HACCP etc.
- Degree in science related subject preferable. 2 years relevant experience in food / pharmaceutical industry essential
- 2 years relevant experience is an ISO17025, or similar, accredited laboratory. Either in management or laboratory quality management role.
- External auditing, food safety and HACCP qualification at level 2 or above is desirable but not essential as training will be given
If you’re looking for a new challenge with unique and growing business. Don’t delay in sending your application. The role comes with a basic salary of up to £35,000 and a great benefits package including 28 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) and health care cover. You can click the apply button or email me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, feel free to give me a call on 0161 833 0181.
Keywords: Microbiologist, Quality Manager, Senior Microbiologist, Senior Quality Manager, Microbiologist, Systems Quality Manager, Quality Manager
Apply for Company Microbiologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly