Eden Scott are working with a leading food manufacturer, headquartered within the central Belt of Scotland with operations across the UK, Europe and overseas. Due to growth of the business we are looking to strengthen the procurement team with the addition of a highly experienced procurement professional with a strong food background.
As a vital member of the procurement team, you will ensure the effective supply of the Ingredients portfolio, managing market risk and supplier relationships in order to deliver cost advantages to the business.
· Own and drive the Ingredients category spend.
· Continuously improve on commodity knowledge, minimise market exposure and exploit market opportunity.
· To ensure security of supply through appropriate supplier selection and contracting.
· To continually drive down costs building our leveraging position and negotiating added value in all areas of managed spend.
· To lead procurement activity and influence all key areas of category spend.
· To minimise the transactional cost of buying.
· To support the Head of Procurement.
· Recognised as a procurement professional.
· CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) qualified. (Desirable)
· In depth knowledge of procurement within the ingredients category.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Good influencing skills at senior levels to influence acceptance of a new way of working.
· Project Management skills.
· Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, at all levels, are essential.
· Good IT skills to include wide experience of word documents, Excel spreadsheets (including pivot tables and charts) and PowerPoint.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills.
· Experience of working to deliver a new Procurement strategy.
· Significant previous procurement experience with responsibility for delivery of a procurement category strategy and procurement category benefits including financial savings.
· Demonstrated experience in the specific procurement category – Ingredients.
· Experience of managing a procurement category within an organisation that has crossed functional and business boundaries.
· Experience of working with a fragmented user base in multiple locations.
· Experience of working in a complex environment with a high level of uncertainty around predicted or future purchase requirements.
· Significant experience of supplier management.
This is a senior role and salary has not been defined as it’s about attracting the very best talent. An excellent package is on offer for the right candidate including relocation.
Those candidates interested are encourage to send a copy of your CV to Alasdair Murray, Head of Food & Drink at Eden Scott email@example.com