Category Manager (Mat Cover)
Seeking a Category Manager to work for multi-site food manufacturer. This will be a maternity cover appointment and should last for 12 months.
Good opportunity for a candidate who is looking to further enhance their category career within one of the UK’s fastest growing FMCG businesses.
The customer base covers major retailers and food service clients.
The role can be based out of the clients Corby, Leeds or Gateshead sites.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director you will be the acknowledged as one of the category experts; building strong relationships with their national customers and with their internal teams by sharing credible insights
- Driving and supporting the development of category plans, range reviews and product rationales for major multiples, across different retail channels and categories, as well as inputting into the overall company strategy
- You will possess analytical and creative marketing skills that allow you to influence decision making
- Keep abreast of new product launches and update the commercial and customer teams
- Undertake store audits as and when required to conduct market and competitor analysis in-store involving price, variants and concept bench-marking
- Achieve or exceed budget volume, turnover and margin for all customers
- Experience within food production
- Excellent analytical skills, with detailed knowledge of various data sources (i.e. DunnHumby, I2C, IRI and Kantar Worldpanel)
- Highly motivated, with an analytical and innovative approach to extracting insight and market trends from key data sources to deliver persuasive and an engaging view on the market
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to create compelling, simple stories for internal and external use to support product and range rationales
- Ability to handle multiple projects within tight timelines
- A creative thinker who strives to be the very best at whatever they do
- An understanding of merchandising principles and shopper behaviours
If this role is of interest please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.