If you are a Specifications Technologist with some experience and enjoy working as part of a busy and lively team, then this is the job for you. We are looking to recruit a diligent and enthusiastic Specification Technologist to join our Technical Assurance team.
You will be responsible for writing, processing and approving finished product specifications including those specifications submitted on retailer web based systems such as JS Evolve, Asda Hive and Tesco TQM.
Using our recipe management system you will liaise closely with the NPD team to advise on recipes to achieve the composition and nutrition requirements in their brief.
Our team collaborates with many other departments, all working towards the successful launch and maintenance of our products. There’s plenty of variety day-to-day as well as lots of scope for your personal development.
- Timely completion and approval of final product specifications to satisfy customer requirements
- In-depth understanding of the customer requirements and individual retailer web-based specification systems.
- Using Hamilton Grant Recipe Management System, calculation of nutrition and ingredient declarations as well as supporting NPD projects through recipe manipulation and calculations.
- Upload Back of Pack documents onto internal on-line packaging approval system.
- Conduct checks of new packaging to ensure accuracy and compliance against Pack Copy, Codes of Practice and Labelling Legislation
- Supporting Account Technical Managers with provision of technical and process information.
- Provision of product technical approval information for site external audits and ad hoc enquiries from customers.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Degree / equivalent in Food Science or related discipline is preferred.
- Previous experience in completing major retailer specifications.
- Knowledge of Hamilton Grant or other recipe/specification management system is desirable.
- Good numeracy skills competent in the manipulation of technical data.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy and attention to detail is crucial.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.