Quality & Environment Manager - North West Scotl Manager - North West Scotland – North West Scotland
5 days left
- Contract Type
De Lacy Executive seeks a Quality & Environment Manager - North West Scotland - North West Scotland for a feed plant in North West Scotland. My client is an Innovative and progressive International company who are world leaders in their unique field.
You will be responsible for managing systems and activities that ensure the site meets all Quality & Environmental requirements for the supply of safe, quality feed & associated support services.
You will promote best practice and continuous improvement in the site’s Quality & Environmental activities.
The role and responsibilities:
· Ensure the site meets Feed Quality & legal (regulatory) requirements and maintains certification to relevant Standards, Schemes and Codes of Practice.
· Secretary to the site HACCP team and Quality & Environment meetings.
· Local TQM/document system expert.
· Ensure the site meets Environmental requirements (legal).
· Liaise with Local Authorities on Quality & Environment matters.
· Represent the site at external audits (Quality & Environment Standards & Schemes).
· Represent the site’s Quality & Environment activities at customer & supplier visits.
· Manage the internal Audit plan and undertake internal audits (scope Quality & Environment).
· Manage the Quality Technician, site Laboratories and lab test equipment.
· Manage the execution of the Test Schedules (on-site & off-site testing of raw materials, feeds & production environment) ensure accurate reporting of test results and integrity of sample information.
· Ensure reliable management of retained samples.
· Support the resolution of nonconforming products (raw materials & feeds), services and activities.
· Coordinate & support the site’s handling of customer complaint.
· Undertake trace exercises & monitor the integrity of electronic tracking (M3 & Global Lot Tracker).
· Collate and report Quality & Environmental performance statistics.
· Use Quality data to drive continuous improvement (audit findings, data analysis, customer complaint etc).
· Identify areas of Quality or Environmental improvement and work with the Quality & Feed Safety manager and site functional managers to deliver the improvement.
· Site contact for pest control contractor.
· Deputise for Quality & Food Safety Manager.
· Ideally educated to degree level in an area relevant to manufacturing.
· Proven experience in feed or food manufacturing is highly desirable
· Quality management & HACCP experience
· Quality system experience, preferably at system administrator level.
· ERP experience, preferably in infor M3 although training will be provided.
· Team worker with developed influencing skills.
· A systematic worker, with strong attention to detail and fact-based decision making.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Self-starting, with an ability to work at all levels within a company and within a given timeline
· Empathy for working with figures & data, working knowledge of statistics.
· Experienced IT user: Microsoft Office, bespoke IT systems (training will be provided).
· Full UK driving license.
An attractive remuneration package will be on offer to include a competitive salary, company pension, share purchase scheme and future site bonus scheme.
De Lacy Executive is the agricultural recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business and Land-based Business Sectors and was established in 2000. We are experienced practical and supply trade agriculturalists who have developed an agricultural recruitment practice based on high ethical standards - we are approved members of the Recruitment and Employment
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission
Apply for Quality & Environment Manager - North West Scotl Manager - North West Scotland – North West Scotland
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly