A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to join an exciting and rapidly evolving branded food business. Driven by a culture of innovation, ambition and entrepreneurship, this company works to bring their unrivalled product ranges to food lovers throughout the UK. The Product Team is growing and needs a bright and capable Technical Manager to take full technical responsibility for their amazing products.
In this dynamic role you’ll have Technical responsibility for Food Safety, Quality, Legality and Brand Reputation. You will have a key role in Supplier Management and Governance, Process Innovation and will make a positive contribution to the company’s NPD Programme. Your key accountabilities will include:
· Using your technical expertise to maintain optimum levels of quality through managing the Quality Control programmes both internally and at suppliers, guaranteeing compliance with legislative requirements including HACCP and BRC.
· Managing all supplier and third party visits, highlighting and resolving any potential issues using Crisis Management procedures whilst reporting on outcomes and ensuring quality management systems are updated accordingly.
· Agreeing and managing KPI’s with suppliers, audit and investigate complaints and enquiries efficiently to ensure their specifications and standards are met to drive quality improvements.
· Supporting Product Managers to agree Product Specifications with suppliers.
· Being actively involved in NPD Projects to help push the company to be first to market with innovation.
Suit a bright Technical Manager or Food Technologist with a Science qualification and strong experience in a FMCG manufacturing environment. Experience of working for a growing food brand would be great, or a combination of experience from retail and manufacturing is ideal, but not essential. Technical knowledge and a solid understanding of quality assurance requirements including HACCP and BRC is a must but you must also have first class organisation and influencing skills to achieve the best results for this market leading brand. You must be able to juggle lots of different projects, not be afraid to get hands on when needed and thrive within an entrepreneurial company. There will be some travel to work with suppliers in the UK and Europe so you must be happy to travel.
Could this be your dream job with a brand you can really get passionate about? Interested in finding out more? Apply now or call 0345 2600 737 for a confidential chat.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.