NPD Technologist / Product Development Technologist
NPD Technologist, Durham, Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for an NPD Technologist for a FMCG Food Manufacturer based in the Durham area.
This position will allow you to work with cross functionalities to drive the management of projects through the development process with further support of the wider NPD teams.
- Project coordination -Work alongside other key stake-holders to manage projects and coordinate project teams.
- Support cross functional teams- Communicate and manage all critical paths progress with the cross functional team ensuring regular progress updates.
- Manage all product development briefs- Interpret product development briefs ensuring innovative and technologically competent solutions are in line with the project brief, customer expectations, operational constraints and commercial needs.
- Follow the product development project through from concept to process handover.
- Development team support - To work closely with the Customer & Brand Managers, Purchasing team, process & Site teams to support the brand and retailer agendas and deliver projects.
- Market and consumer trends- Maintain awareness of market, consumer and restaurant trends and competitor activity to identify potential business opportunities.
- Absenteeism cover
- Blue Sky
- Sample Making- Support the kitchen to deliver customer or development samples
- To understand the basics of thermal processing and ensure products are developed safely and legally. To validate development projects.
- Raw Material Sourcing - Liaise with procurement to organise the sourcing and approval of ingredients.
Education, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Degree in Food Science or related discipline
- Minimum one year experience in R&D or food manufacturing
- Project management understanding
- 3 years' experience
- Experience in Stage and Gate process
- Technical understanding of food functionality.
- Computer Literate
Salary: £Competitive Salary (depending on experience) + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: NPD Technologist, New Product Development Technologist, New Process Development Technologist, Specifications Technologist, NPD Manager, Technical Manager, Quality Manager, QA, QC, Quality Technician, Technical Assistant, Food Technologist, Coordinator, Controller, FMCG, Durham, Newcastle, County Durham, Teeside, Sunderland, Tyne on Wear, York, Harrogate.