A global ingredients and additives supplier based in the East Midlands region are currently looking for a Plant Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a senior role and a crucial requirement in ensuring successful ongoing growth of the UK business.
The business has been through significant change over the past 18 months which has resulted in a lack of reliability, leadership and instability in the wider production team, this appointment will be pivotal in the turnaround/change management agenda needed to sustain continued profitability.
- Management of the site (c.150 direct and indirect reports) and ensuring that skill levels across all parts of the organisation are at the correct level.
- Responsible for procurement, manufacturing, technical, quality and engineering
- Bring stability, leadership and drive the continuous improvement culture across the site
- Support the General Manager with key UK and Global customer relationships
- Managing people in a challenging, change oriented environment.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders within Engineering and Innovation to optimise the production process.
- Project management of capital investment
- Training and coaching to empower the wider teams
- Understand targets/deadlines and how to deliver against them
- A Plant Manager with at least 10 years + experience preferably gained within Starch, Flour, Wheat processing. (An understanding of ingredients processing in the above mentioned areas is essential to the role)
- Significant experience within change management and turnaround challenges
- A strong leader able to demonstrate collaboration, empathy and team building
- A proven ability to deliver against target within a fact paced production environment
- Commercially astute with excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills (ideally used to reporting at group level UK/International)
- A sound understanding of concept innovation, production process and engineering management
- A track record in capital investment project management
- Ideally Lean Six Sigma qualified and a pillar for Continuous Improvement
- Excellent training and development skills to empower the manufacturing teams – enabling progression within the business
- Knowledge of hygiene, health, safety and quality standards