Safely and efficiently operate and optimise bakery plant and equipment to help us achieve our goals of producing almost two million loaves of bread each week. This will be achieved through working with others to high levels of targeted performance, ensuring excellent customer satisfaction and outstanding quality standards – all founded on a culture of continuous improvement, development and learning.
- Actively engage in the Safety First culture and compliance with AB internal policies and procedures - assess working area for possible hazards and take appropriate action where necessary and report any unsafe acts or conditions appropriately and responsibly
- Deliver as a member of the team optimal levels of performance on cost, resource, service requirements by utilising continuous improvement tools and techniques as a norm
- Deliver product quality through all systems available and others
- Contribute to the optimization of a production plan, operating the production plant in the most efficient and cost effective manner
- Ensure that their own and their teams development and training needs are identified and processes are consistently applied.
- Participate in the proactive environment of learning through relevant documentation (learning logs & 1:1 communications)
- To actively participate and contribute to the optimisation of cross-functional working processes and procedures, which will enable bakery infrastructure standards to be maintained or improved
The right candidate will have an understanding of continuous improvement, be computer literate, numerate, demonstrate good health & safety awareness and food safety practices, be a good communicator and able to accurately read and record information.
Pay and Benefits:
Successful applicants will be appointed on the starter rate for the role, £23,076, and move up to the partially trained salary of £27,621, and then to the fully trained salary of £29,199 as each module of training is signed off.
In addition to this, all successful applicants will receive 22 days annual leave per year, plus all the benefits of working for one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the country.
With 20 locations in the UK, we're the people who make top-10 UK grocery brand Kingsmill, as well as Burgen, Allinson, Sunblest and selected customer brand bakery goods. Famous for our wholesome white, wholemeal and seeded breads, we offer delicious rolls, pancakes, crumpets, muffins, hot cross buns, wraps and other delicious bakery products for all the family. We’re proud to be a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc. - a £12.4bn FTSE 100 diversified international food, ingredients and retail group working in 47 countries worldwide. Together there are 106,000 of us supporting brands such as Twinings, Silver Spoon, Primark, Ryvita, Patak's and Jordans Cereals.
Health & Safety - Proactively participate in ensuring that the Safety First standards of an accident free zone are foremost in their own behaviours.
Cost - To operate bakery plant and equipment to optimal productivity and efficiency. Continuously look to develop and improve key work processes; develop better, faster more efficient ways of doing things.
Quality - Consistently contributes as part of the team to improving the quality of products and service. Continually clarifies customers evolving goals to ensure effectiveness is maintained
Service - Take appropriate actions as part of the team to optimise delivery of the Production Schedule
People - Proactively defines and pursues personal development goals.
Consistently displays personal ownership, accountability and a ‘Can do’ attitude
Recruiting Manager: Stuart Dimmock, Manufacturing Front Line Manager Stuart.Dimmock@alliedbakeries.co.uk