NPD Process Technologist
Process Technologist Oldham Food Manufacturing
The Company is a c£160million business which supplies cake and desserts to service the own brands of major retailers, there are two sites both based in the North West at Oldham and Bolton.
Their products include, high end celebration cake products, slab cakes and mainstream desserts, they mostly supply Marks & Spencer's although they also supply major retailers including Sainsbury's, Tesco's Co-op and Aldi and Morrisons.
The NPD Process Technologist is responsible for delivering new NPD Projects received from the Senior Process Technologist for their category in line with the category plans and priorities set by the NPD Controllers and as directed by the Ambient Product Manager.
- Ensuring product concepts from the Concept Team are up scaled in the factory for timely and accurate delivery to our retail customers.
- Plan, manage and control factory trials and resolve and co-ordinate internal and external issues to remove roadblocks to launches
- Project manage critical path processes and meetings to ensure all relevant plans are adhered to and successful launch result with agreed dates and costings
- Liaise effectively with Senior Process Technologist to determine key development priorities within their area.
- Work collaboratively with the packaging team to ensure packaging technology and innovation is an integral part of the development process
- Manage and review product costings and ensure that trial budgets are managed within budget and in conjuction with the factory
- Drive innovation and creatrivity in order to ensure products are recognised as best products in class and significantly cutting edge and superior to competitors.
- Support the NPD Controller and ensure cross functional teams are co-ordinated ,briefed and are working in support of NPD strategy and KPI's
- Challenge product reformulations to include recipe improvements and Value Optimisation customer needs.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Food related qualifications and/or experience in large scale Food Manufacture
- Strong presentation, communication and engagement skills.
- Good network and knowledge of suppliers, raw materials and equipment.
- An understanding of key food safety principles, including HACCP.
Package: £Competitive Salary + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to: NPD Technologist, Process Development, New Product Development, NPD Assistant, Technical QA QC Quality Technician, Technical Assistant, Food Technologist, Technical Coordinator, Controller, Graduate, Manchester, Oldham, Lancashire, Bolton, Rochdale, Preston, Leeds