Head of Operations
Managing manufacturing and engineering across the site, you will be managing a large team of mid-senior managers, mentoring and coaching them to inspire high levels of performance across their team. In a fast paced environment, you will need to balance short term objectives with the bigger picture strategic growth, making sure that the operations of the business are futureproofed and equipped to cope with anticipated sales growth.
The business is fast paced, growing and has seen significant investment in recent years. It is a large site, so man management skills have always been at the fore of what is needed to drive performance. You will need to have a common sense understanding of continuous improvement and be able to work effectively with the other 'heads of' functions in the business.
- You will be managing a team of senior managers including a Head of Engineering and 2 senior operations managers.
- You are accountable for the operational performance of the site, looking to drive key KPIs.
- You will be responsible for providing inspirational leadership and an organic development model.
- Driving a quality and HSE culture amongst your operational teams.
- Setting the operational strategy for the site, in line with the overall group vision.
- A track record in food manufacturing at a Head of Manufacturing/Operations, factory manager or general manager level. (chilled food background preferred.)
- Experience of supplying into the major retailers.
- Inspirational man manager with a track record of developing successful and high performing teams.
- Strong emotional intelligence, capable of interacting from the shop floor to the board.
- A calm head in a fast paced and sometimes pressurised environment.
- Ability to get into the detail, but also see the bigger picture.
A competitive basic salary depending on experience, car allowance/car, private healthcare + other benefits