NPD Technologist / Development Technologist
NPD Technologist / Development Technologist, Liverpool Food Manufacturer FMCG
We are recruiting for an NPD Development Technologist role for a leading Food manufacturer
Due to the expansion of the NPD team, a vacancy has arisen for a new Development Technologist to join the NPD Team. Reporting to the Development Manager the successful candidate will be qualified in Food Technology/Food Science at degree or HND level, with notable experience within a technologist role, holding a real passion for food.
- To be responsible for progressing multiple projects through the NPD system from brief to launch including keeping key personnel aware of any updates and delays.
- To work closely with business wide functions to ensure product briefs are fully understood and NPD is fit for purpose.
- To track project progress, manage the critical path and development process for projects whilst communicating regularly with key personnel.
- To monitor final product costs throughout the development process and advise of any deviation whilst agreeing corrective action as appropriate.
- To participate in the development of the channel plans whilst attending regular channel meetings, supporting through customer presentations and visits.
- To arrange and conduct factory trials and 1st production runs.
- To participate in the completion of QAS standards for NPD products.
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes: Educated to Degree / HND level in Food Science / Food Technologist or related subject, with a clear demonstration of ability in this area and a real passion for food.
- Notable experience within the field and experience of working within either International, retail, manufacturing , wholesale , food service channels.
- A strong understanding of new product development and manufacturing processes, and problem solving abilities... someone who can think outside the box whilst under pressure.
Salary: £Competitive Salary +Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: Graduate Food Science, NPD Technologist Process Development, Product Development, NPD Manager, QA Technologist, QA QC Quality Technician Technical Assistant Food Technologist Coordinator Controller QA Auditor