Transport Supervisor - Nights
Are you an experienced Transport Supervisor / Team Leader?
We are recruiting for a Transport Supervisor to be based at our Smethwick depot in the West Midlands.
As Transport Supervisor you will plan and lead a team of approx 25 drivers to ensure we deliver the required products to customers/depots in a timely and consistent manner which ensure the quality and safety of food goods and compliance with legislative and Group standards.Main responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to the team to ensure that they are appropriately trained, operate to Group policy standards and shift performance is maximised
- Monitor operational practices to ensure that safety and compliance with the road traffic act are the critical priorities at all times
- Schedule and complete maintenance of the vehicle fleet to ensure compliance with the vehicle check and servicing practices, cleanliness, food safety requirements and leasing agreements
- Maintain close communication with Greencore sites and customers/depots to ensure that all parties are kept informed of any schedule or revised collection or delivery times
- Provide information and insight to inform the creation of the weekly route plans and associated drivers’ roster
- Monitor and adapt route and/or resource plans in response to any changes so that distribution service operates with maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Supervise the loading of vehicles to ensure that it is in the correct order in alignment with the vehicle route
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Professional and fair with a consistent and diplomatic approach
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced distribution/ logistics environment supervising a team of drivers
- Basic computer literacy – able to utilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- Experience working with HHT would be beneficial
- Numerate and literate
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Reasons for joining Greencore
- We create opportunities for our people to take responsibility early in their careers, to develop their skills and capabilities, to work in a wide variety of businesses and roles, and to make a difference.
- We invest heavily in our people, facilities and capability to ensure we retain a strong competitive edge in the markets we operate. Developing and training our people is critical to delivery of our strategy.
- Our people are passionate about our business and we enjoy what they do. We are also committed to make our business and a supportive and diverse place to work.
- Our capacity to innovate is key to our ongoing success. We ask our people to constantly look for new and better ways of running our business.
- We hold each other to high performance standards and challenge ourselves to improve our business every day.