Role: Operations Manager
Location: West Drayton
Reports to: Finance and Operations Director
Direct Reports: Customer Services Assistant
North South Wines is a young, dynamic, forward thinking wine distributor. We set up in 2014 with a view to do things differently. We are not your average wine distributor. We are energetic and creative and have the drive to make things happen. We also have a different model. Alongside our UK management team we are part owned by winery shareholders meaning we can offer direct supply, better quality and better value. We aim to deliver WOW through service.
Due to rapid growth we are looking to recruit an Operations Manager to manage customer services, logistics and office operations.
The Operations Manager is fully responsible for delivering operational excellence including customer service, sales and purchase order processing, stock forecasting and management of stock levels. The Operations Manager is responsible for delivering continuous improvement programmes including: reducing cost, improving service and stock forecasting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering industry leading customer service ensuring all orders are delivered on time and in full (OTIF)
- Report and monitor performance using a range of KPI’s
- Proactively manage stock forecasting to minimise out of stocks and communicate in advance with sales team
- Negotiate and manage the relationships with all carriers ensuring that our service levels are maintained whilst obtaining excellent price levels.
- Ensure all processes are compliant to HMRC requirements
- Assess historical sales and purchasing data, supplier re order quantities, order building criteria and current demands to aid purchasing decisions.
- Review slow moving stock and recommend actions to clear any excess
- Manage stock forecasting for promotional activity
- Manage purchase orders from creation, supplier confirmation and delivery to specified destination. Maximise space, load requirements and adhere to supplier pallet configurations
- Ensure product database is accurate and all required information is collected
- Liaison with the Buying Director regarding new vintage samples and approval before shipping.
- Interaction with warehouse and logistics supplier regarding daily transactions, and to ensure compliance of agreed SLA’s
- Sign off wine, transport and warehousing invoices for supplier payments.
- Review stock issues and recommend mitigating actions.
- Preparation of forecasts for suppliers when requested and management of reserves and allocations.
- Communication with internal stakeholders to ensure that all information on products, stock holding, and suppliers is correct and up to date.
- Answer queries from internal customers, suppliers and sales staff.
- Forecast logistics/operations resource requirements and plan for company to continue to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Work with Finance and Operations Director and Customer Services Assistant to continually improve customer service.
- Work with Finance and Operations director to manage commercial insurance.
- Assist Finance and Operations Director with business continuity planning
- Responsible for Health and Safety policy and compliance.
- Assist with office management.
Skills and Experience
- Manages and exceeds internal and external customer expectations.
- Minimum 2 years logistics management experience, preferably in a multi-functional responsibility role.
- Commercial acumen.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel.
- Able to challenge accepted norms and practices and facilitate innovative solutions to problems.
- Highly developed people skills, strong communicator at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise long term projects whilst meeting short term demands.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to agreed deadlines.
- WSET qualifications an advantage.
Your Commitment to the role
- I make things happen
- I have boundless energy
- I deliver WOW through service
- I am quick to spot opportunities
- I feel confident to take my ideas forward
- I have a collaborative pitch in attitude
- I like to work in a positive team environment
- I am a good communicator and have open and honest communication with my colleagues
- I embrace and drive change
- I am adventurous and creative
- I learn from my mistakes, own up to them and do things better next time
- I am passionate, optimistic and determined
- I have a voice, I like to make a difference
- I am humble
- I have fun at work
Salary and Benefits
- The role will be paid a salary commensurate with experience
- 25 days holiday
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme